Fashion Frenzie

2024 predictions ahead

Being on trend with fashion is like tipping a see-saw. Whether it is recycled baggy jeans out of our parents’ closets, or the tiny tops out of the children’s section, social media consistently dictates the next clothes obsession. As soon as a new trend is introduced; consumers are thrown into a frenzy to get their hands on the recent in-demand obsession. 

The fashion of 2024 to me, is the year for a retro but refined closet. 

This still reigns true, but I believe top items like jeans, will revert back into slimmer-fit jeans, that keep away from the dreadful skinny jeans but stay more flared at the bottom.

I hope that striped jeans will begin to be cycled into wardrobes. Whether it’s a pair of navy jeans with white stripes, or vice versa, it incorporates a fun way to upgrade a simple top with fun bottoms. 

The color of the year, in my eyes, will be pastel yellow. It’s a summer color that can make skin tones appear more tan, perfect for the summer, and can be easily combined with basics. 

For accessories, Italian charm bracelets will become a trending item, as they are a creative way to spice up and switch out decorated charms with any outfit. 

Apple watches and chunky watches have been the norm for a while now, as it’s been trendy to be athletic. But for a more sophisticated look, slimmer analog watches can be the refined touch to complete an outfit.

Hairstyles are a defining and finishing piece to any outfit, just as important as clothes. I believe that in place of claw clips, people can supplement them with metal French hair pins.    

Although looking like a tuning fork, they are versatile and can achieve a variety of pull-up hairstyles.

Another hair accessory that can work for every day on-the-go, or day-two hair, are teeth headbands from the 90s that keep your hair out of your face with cool prints like tortoise, solid color, and cheetah print.

Eyewear is a trend that flows constantly. In 2024, it is anticipated that chunky-framed glasses will come back into style. 

Following the tail end of the platform UGGs trend of last year, platform shoes have begun to make their way onto top brands like Converse, Crocs, and Adidas.    

It’s a look I believe will appear later this summer in the form of a former 2000s staple, chunky flip-flops. 

Upcoming trends and styles never have to be something that fits into any category or norm but should be paired best with confidence for the new year.

Enjoying one’s own form of self-expression is key for the new and upcoming year.