ZACK RATH: A LEGEND IN THE WATER

Zach Rath has left a remarkable legacy through his four years of water polo and swim. Rath has been on varsity on water polo all four years. Breaking the school record for ‘Most goals in a game’ he racked 13 against Mt. Carmel in last season.

“Zack is a very illusive player. He is very strong on offense and defense,” junior Taylor Vivona said.

Rath’s success through water polo has helped carry over to swim in the spring. One of the top swimmers, and he went to the state championships with his 200 freestyle relay team. he helped win runner-up two times in a row in CIF his sophomore and junior year.

“My most memorable moment in my four years of Poway Aquatics would be winning league twice with my team sophomore and senior year,” Rath said.

Zack will be continuing his water polo career at the U.S. Air Force Academy and then serving ournation as an officer once he is finished. The academy is one of the most prestigious schools in the nation with an acceptance rate of 12.3%.

It is a very challenging school, but the rewards are life changing. The academy pays its students monthly as each student is training hard in and out of the classroom. After graduating the academy, each student serves our nation for a term of  years, but most stay in longer to continue their career.

Rath continues to train before he leaves in July by playing club water polo, doing an assigned workout from the academy and lifting. Zack will be serving our nation in a matter of years and in an eminent position and is given the opportunity to keep playing the sport he loves.