Girls golf gives their all

Swinging+in+the+green%3A+Senior+Nikora+Campbell+practices+their+drives.+

Swinging in the green: Senior Nikora Campbell practices their drives.

As the girls golf team steps off the vast green, score sheet filled out, with no more holes to hit, the final match is over. Reflecting on their competitions, having played both against a team to gain a total score and playing for an individual score to become the medalist, made for an eventful season.

Led by senior captains Nikora Campbell and Hanna Yoo, the team played a 4-9 record and won against Ramona, San Marcos, and Mission Hills. Feeling satisfied senior Hanna Yoo finished her senior year with a 6.50 differential overall. Alongside her sister, Catie Yoo, Hanna Yoo is not quite ready to let go of the memories just yet, despite the emotional reign golf takes on her

“The most important thing when playing golf is to just have fun and not pay too much attention to my score because it’s just a game,” Hanna Yoo said.

A key addition to the team this year was freshman Emma Bush, ending off her high school season with a 3.41 differential. Bush is no stranger to golf as she follows in the footsteps of her father. Joining the team with her competitive spirit. Gaining recognition from the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship in Arizona by winning first overall in the 14-15 category, Bush is happily preparing for the finals later this year.

“At PHS it was an instant group of friends who had lots of advice on how to manage high school and sports,” freshman Emma Bush said.

Returners like sophomore Ray Lu were excited to get the chance to play the tournaments and matches with a new team. Highlighting her 7.87 differential and the growth she’s made to attain her first under 2 par score. “I’m really close with the team and I’m glad I met them here or I wouldn’t have otherwise,” Lu said.

Ending the year off strong, the girls golf team as a whole did not successfully qualify for CIF’s but Ray Lu, Emma Bush, and Hanna Yoo are separately preparing to play on Oct. 31 at Vista Valley.