Juza steps up as ASB president

Mackenzie+Juza
Mackenzie Juza

Ever since freshman year, Junior Mackenzie Juza has participated in ASB, planning dances, fundraisers, and running for office. Becoming president was a long time coming for Juza. She has worked toward leadership positions that helped further the Titan
community.

Juza takes pride in her school spirit and wishes that everyone else would get more involved. She thinks more people should dress up for spirit days and green and grey Fridays. Juza, the class of 2025’s sophomore and junior class president, claimed the title of ASB president in the Jan. 26 election. She joined ASB in 2021 as a part of the freshman council to feel more connected to the school.

There, she worked with the other students to plan their airband and freshman fundraiser. “I joined ASB because I wanted to feel a part of the school’s culture and be able to have a hand in planning all the fun events that our high school would hold,” Juza said.

Since then she helped plan the class of 2025’s first three airbands, and has played a part in bringing together prom. Of all of these events, her favorite event to plan was Morp in 2022, her first large-scale and rewarding project at the school. Because it was her first event she got to direct, she felt the intensity of taking on a bigger role.

Juza appreciates the people who have worked alongside her to make all of these plans happen, including out-going president Jazzy Nguyen. “I have loved working with Mackenzie Juza these past three years! She is so well prepared to be president. She has amazing organizational skills and a huge heart that will help her tackle any challenge. I am so proud of the leader Kenzie is, and am excited to pass the baton off to her and see where she goes since I know great things are in her future,” Nguyen said.

School spirit was a big part of Juza’s campaign. She hopes to systematically improve the amount of school spirit here, allowing students to feel more connected to the campus and giving them more motivation to be at school every day.
Along with this, Juza wants everyone at the school to feel appreciated. Her plans include appointing section leaders for each sports team and making sure all sports get attention and decorations from ASB. This is all a part of her main hope to create a system of recognition for activities happening on campus.

ASB advisor Erica Rangel says Juza has been an active student and ASB member ever since she joined the school. She
thinks Juza is ready to take the lead and make changes in a good direction. “Mackenzie has a lot of ambition and wants to move our school forward and make a lot of positive changes for the campus, and I think she’s incredibly motivated to do that, and she’s willing to put the right people around her to help support those changes,” Rangel said

Juza looks forward to kicking off the 2024-2025 school year on a good note. She can’t wait to better the school and create a more welcoming environment for all students. Juza is prepared to handle anything coming her way.