Schreiber tackles school and traveling

Evelyn+Schreiber
Evelyn Schreiber

Senior Evelyn Schreiber enjoys making amazing memories from her adventures of a lifetime and continues to make changes in the world around her. A missionary, water polo player, and hopeful engineer, Schreiber is able to balance anything life throws at her.
Schreiber follows in her parents’ footsteps, joining Young Life, a non-profit organization, and Christian Ministry.

The organization offers middle, high school and college students with volunteering opportunities in different countries around the world.
”My favorite place I have traveled to would probably be London and Taiwan. I went to London in middle school with my family. I love the rainy weather and all of the old buildings and cool castles were super fun,” Schreiber said.

Schreiber was able to see Taiwan last summer with one of her friends, senior Kaitlyn Lee.
“The trip was so fun. We mainly explored the northern part of Taiwan in Taipei. We tried so many yummy foods,” Lee said.

“Evie has been such an amazing friend and is always very considerate of others, I always see her attending morning practices, and as a student she is very hard working and is taking so many hard classes.”

For Schreiber, being able to see a different culture up close was an amazing new experience. The food in Taiwan was one of her favorite parts.
Schreiber’s current travel plans include a trip to Ecuador over spring break to visit her sister, who will study abroad next semester.
She plans to continue helping people all over the world.

Currently, she is looking at colleges with Global Engineering programs.
Schreiber joined the robotics team to gain more engineering experience but came to love the program and stayed for two years.
She is proud of the team’s win of the Inspire Award at regionals. The Inspire Award is the highest award a robotics team can get. The award shows how a team inspire its community in STEM.
Those around Shreiber she her as someone they could go to for help.
“I could pull up to her house and ask for food, and she would immediately invite me in, and we would probably end up watching a Disney movie,” senior Parker Jackson said

Jackson expressed how amazed she is with all of the things Schreiber does.
She says that the “secret ingredient” for Schreiber is not letting the stress get to her and to keep a level mind.
Schreiber says that balancing school, sports, and traveling is difficult but she tries to prioritize school.
When she is away from home, she gets her work done ahead of time and optimizes her time when she is traveling from place to place.