PC helps students

Need help but don’t feel comfortable talking to an adult? Peer Counseling might be just the right fit for you. Peer Counseling is a club that helps students with their mental health struggles and allows student to counsel each other.
At times, students do not feel comfortable confiding in adults and sometimes they find it easier to open up to a peer. Peer counselors aim to help students feel heard and comfortable.
Counselor Karly Wardwell advises the club and enjoys working with Peer Counseling and getting the opportunity to assist the club in creating a better environment.

“I get to meet a bunch of students and be able to help them. It’s also a very positive environment to be in,” Wardwell said.

Senior Lydia Manly, Peer Counseling president has enjoyed the privilege of being a member of Peer Counseling. Manly has been a member since her freshman year. She became a mentoring leader her junior year and the president of Peer Counseling her senior year.

“Peer Counseling is a fun environment, and I love meeting all of the people that are a part of it,” Manly said.

By Manly’s side is junior Madison Bunce who is the treasurer of Peer Counseling on campus.

“I joined Peer Counseling my freshman year, so this is my third doing this,” Bunce said.

Bunce describes Peer Counseling as “a network of students that are trained in communication and are devoted to helping peers who are facing conflicts.”
Peer Counseling is a way to spread positivity and work to create a happy high school experience.
If you’re interested in majoring in something similar to psychology or counseling for college, joining Peer Counseling would be a nice addition on a resume. Whenever you need to talk to someone, Peer Counseling is there to help.
Applications for Peer Counseling end today. Information can be found on their Instagram (@powayhighpeercounseling). There are also posters with QR codes posted around the school.