The Iliad

The Student News Site of Poway High School

The Iliad

The Iliad

Hyping up Titan Terrors

Mina Jalisi

As the football season starts to roll out, on the floor of the stands, decked out in green, junior Sophia Grimm gets the student section ready to cheer as she runs across the whole field with the big Poway flag. Grimm was appointed as a crucial member and representative of the Titan Terrors this year and ensures their Instagram page (@Powayhighschool) gets students hyped for the school year. 

Grimm has been with Titan Terrors since the end of her sophomore year and also works as an ASB Commissioner. “I get to work with a lot of spirit stuff and I really enjoy that,” Grimm said.  

Junior Presley Ceglie has worked alongside Grimm in ASB. “Grimm is always ready and prepared. She knows how to get people hyped and very loud, so it’s get’s everyone so riled up for the games,” Ceglie said. 

In ASB Grimm Advertises things like spirit days and special events with examples of what you can wear. Grimm takes care of these promotions on Instagram (@Powayhighschool), and posters around campus. 

She balances ASB with other sports like field hockey and softball and shines as a designated hype person for games with pompoms and cheers. Grimm is excited to stay in ASB and hopes to get in front of more student crowds.