Spring sports recap

Boys’ Baseball finished the regular season with a 15-17 overall record and a 6-10 finish to league play. As the four-seed in CIFs, they defeated fifth-seeded Grossmont, with a two-out, walk-off, three-run home run by senior Austin Butler, but a 13-inning loss to Cathedral Catholic on May 20 and Grossmont’s revenge game on May 21 eliminated the Titans from CIF title contention.
Boys’ Golf just missed the CIF tournament field, playing the San Marcos Cougars for the 12-seed in a play-in matchup and dropping the competition, 218-203. Freshman Landan Chu qualified for the individual tournament but did not qualify for the second day after shooting a 91 score, 141st in the contest.
Boys’ Lacrosse qualified for the seven-seed in the Open Division following an 11-6 regular season. They finished third in the Avocado League, going 2-2 in those games. They fell to the two-seeded Bishop’s Knights, 6-9, in the quarterfinals on May 12.
Girls’ Lacrosse went 9-8 over the regular season and finished league play with a 2-3 record, placing fifth in the Avocado League. They faced the displeasure of going up against the top-ranked La Jolla Vikings in the opening round, dropping their one and only CIF matchup, 5-15, on May 12.
Girls’ Softball went 19-10-1 and finished 4-6 in the Palomar North County League. As the three-seed, they defeated no. 11 Grossmont in the opening round, 4-1, and blew out no. 7 El Camino, 10-1, on May 21. They were scheduled to play the top-ranked Helix Highlanders May 26, and if they win, they will play the Championship game at 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 28 at the UCSD Softball Field.
Swim & Dive featured 16 swimmers in CIF finals. Freshman Connor Liddle and sophomore Ashlyn Hernandez took second place in the boys’ 1-meter diving and girls’ 100-yard breaststroke, respectively, with both qualifying for state competition. Liddle finished 24th in state in the boys’ 1-meter diving. Hernandez finished 33rd in the girls’ 200-yard individual medley and 12th for girls’ 100-yard breaststroke.
Boys’ Tennis competed as the seven-seed in Division 1 tournament play. They opened the bracket with an 11-7 victory over no. 10 Coronado but dropped their quarterfinals match, 5-13, to no. 2 Cathedral Catholic. In the CIF doubles tournament, junior Evan Barnes and sophomore Owen Wilkinson lost, 3-12, to a Cathedral Catholic duo in the Round of 64. In singles, junior Justin Nguyen fell in the opening round in a close match, 9-11.
Track & Field saw 21 competitors in CIF finals on May 21 at Mt. Carmel. Senior Alyssa Bean finished first in the girls’ 200- and 400-meter sprints. Sophomore Tessa Buswell won the 800-meter sprint and Mackenzie Rogers won the 1,600- and 3,200-meter sprints. The relay team that broke multiple school records took first place in the 4×400 relay race.
Boys’ Volleyball went an even 20-20 overall and 4-4 in league over the regular-season. As the four-seed in Division 1, they fell to the no. 12 La Jolla Vikings, 1-3, on May 6, in the quarterfinals to end their season.