Girls’ water polo vs. Fallbrook Jan. 18 photos

Water polo triumphed  over Fallbrook at Poway with a score of  8-2 With the tenacity of their play and the support of the fans, they work together to take Fallbrook to the grave.

Sophomore Paige Mcfadden actively protects the goal, keeping Fallbrook from scoring almost any points. Her defense gave her many opportunities to throw the ball up the pool and start a fast break.

Junior Harper Hapkin floats the ball over the goalie, scoring an almost unblockable shot. This was one of the first points and one of the biggest momentum builders for Poway.

Junior Nalani Galindo gazes at the goal preparing to score. She continued to be aggressive and scored most of Poway’s points in this matchup.

Junior Sadie Callahan strikes a shooting pose as she fires at the goal. Making this point built momentum for Poway throughout the match.

Senior Hailey Cavaglieri pushes through the strong defense and gets the ball to her team giving them a stronger lead. Her vision helped lead to tons of shots for Poway.

Freshman Ellie Smith stays focused and plays well against the many players who are older than her. Being a freshman is tough on a varsity sport but Ellie plays her heart out and helps Poway in any way to win.