Polin is in the air this season

Bridgerton returns better than ever
Via IMDb
Luke Newton and Nicola Coughlan still in Bridgerton season three (2024) .

Dearest Gentle Reader, the long-awaited season three of Bridgerton hit screens in the fi rst of two, four-episode parts. The first part released on May 16. This season’s regency love story follows the storyline of Penelope Featherington and Colin Bridgerton.

In the past two seasons, Penelope has been the eye of ridicule for her appearance, but this season, she is the main character. Penelope’s transformation from a shy girl who avoids socializing, to
embracing her beauty and taking advantage of new opportunities, is flawless.

In Penelope’s third season looking for suitors, she enlists the help of Colin, her longtime crush, to teach her the ins and outs of attracting a husband. Blurring the line between business, pleasure, and jealousy, the chemistry between them is electric.

I went into this season with high expectations after being obsessed with season two and the trope of enemies-to-lovers. I don’t think any season could beat Anthony Bridgerton and Kate Sharma’s
story line, but I was completely invested in Penelope and Colin’s story. Something that I disliked was how slow-paced it moved in the beginning.

The first episode seemed entirely like an unnecessary plot summary to the point where the fourth episode felt like a rush to tie up loose ends. I just wish they would let the slow burn play out, especially with four more episodes coming.

In the previous season Penelope overhears Colin mact in disgust when asked if he would ever court her, and she was so hurt by a man she thought was a close friend. Although Colin makes up
for it this season I wish he did a bit more groveling.

I did however enjoy how much we got to see the development of many side characters’ stories.

Francesca Bridgerton begins to find her love match, Viscount Anthony Bridgerton and Kate Sharma experience their first months of marriage on their honeymoon, and Prudence and Phillipa Featherington develop thier relationships with their new husbands.

While watching, I was anxiously awaiting the fourth episode. I was nervous it was going to be the same as the first three, with not enough screentime for the main characters and too many filler stories. But, let’s just say I was not disappointed and enjoyed the fourth episode much more than the previous three.

While having to wait till June 13for the rest of the season, there are so many unanswered questions. How will Colin react if he finds out gossip writer Lady Whistledown is Penelope? What will the
members of the ton think of their arrangement? I will continue to reel over these questions and many more in hope they will all be answered in part two.