News in brief: college visits, peer counseling applications, and ap exams

Until Nov. 2, in-person college visits will take place in the Titan Center and Library, mostly during lunch. College representatives from universities all over the country will give presentations about their programs and other information. To sign up, go to the Counseling page on the Poway High website. Most visits have limited seating, so sign up early to make sure you can attend. 

For those planning on taking an AP exam, most exam registrations are open and close Nov. 4. Each exam costs $110. The late registration window opens January 17 and costs $150. To register, visit MyAP and make sure you have joined your class. There, you will see a Register button. Clicking this button will let your coordinate know that you are taking your exam. Once you have registered, the date and time of your exam will appear in your course card in My AP.

Would you enjoy mentoring a peer? Do you want to promote positivity on campus? If so, consider applying for Peer Counseling. Peer counselors help with working in the Student Services Office, volunteering in the community, being mentors for younger students, and contributing to campus in many other ways that promote peace and wellness. Applications are open until Oct. 24. For more information, visit the Peer Counseling Page on the Poway High website or visit group advisor Kelly Wardwell in the counseling office.