Titans focus on fashion

Overson changing the future one strut at a time.

Mandy Edwards

Senior Morryll Overson recruits people for Fashion Club. Loverson showcased a binder filled with inspiration pictures.

One step in front of the other as students galavant down the hall and freeze in awe at Poway High’s Fashion Club posters. At Fashion Club meetings, Titans come together to learn a few basics of the fashion industry, such as trends, patterns and how to style pieces of clothing. 

The club partnered with FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising) to offer scholarship opportunities. The students will receive a $5,000 scholarship for being an active member. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years with a 3.0 GPA at FIDM and consecutive attendance.

President and senior Morryll Overson started the fashion club this year to show students more options. “I started this club because I think Poway is a very one-path driven school that doesn’t focus on the arts and how to create portfolios for people who are interested in anything outside of STEM,” Overson said. 

The club is open to anyone interested in fashion, including trends, designs, and structure. Each student is encouraged to set goals they wish to achieve throughout the duration of the club. 

Senior Alyssa Nguyen plans to broaden her fashion knowledge.. “I joined the club to learn more about fashion trends and to overall just have fun,” Ngyuen  said. The club helps students master the arts of style culture, and ultimately, having a good time while doing it. 

Just like Nguyen, senior Seth Mcintosh wants to gain a better understanding of the true meaning of fashion. “I’ve been interested in expanding my wardrobe and branching out to new styles, so I figured a fashion club would be the best way to do so,” he said. 

The club holds meetings every other Wednesday in room N3-101. To join, contact Overson through their Instagram account: @poway_fashionclub.