News in Brief May 27th issue

Agricultural department receives a huge grant

Shelby Bueno, the advisor and teacher of the agricultural department, received a grant from CTE- Career Technological Education Grant of $700,000 to be used towards projects like building an industrial greenhouse, service dog kennel, rabbitry, brooder, turkey coop, and two chicken coops. The grant  opens up opportunities for students to develop their skills and education. “It’s going to be really cool. The project is going to get started 1-2 days after school ends, ” Shelby Bueno said. 

Senior wrap up

The week of June 7-9, seniors get to soak up the last few days of high school with fun activities. On June 7, a senior breakfast will be held on the baseball fields from 8:30 to11:30 a.m., graduation tickets will be available for pick up then. On June 8 the senior picnic will be held at Lake Poway from 11-1, graduation seating arrangements will be posted there. And the final hoorah, graduation, will be held on June 9 at 5:15 p.m. 

Enroll for Community College Now

Many community college enrollment pages have opened. PHS counselors can guide  students through the enrollment process and answer questions regarding community college or even other educational resources for after high school. “They can make appointments or stop in during lunch to talk to their counselor,” counselor Karly Wardwell said.