Warriner retires after 21 years at Poway

Susie+Warriner

Susie Warriner

Opening the administrative doors, Administrative Assistant Susie Warriner greets Titans with a warm smile. Two decades into her profession, she knows how to roll through campus with professionalism and is eager to help in any way possible. 

Warriner has over 21 years of experience and first came to Poway High from Nebraska in 2001. She initially worked as an assistant to the Principal’s Secretary, then moved to Attendance Supervisor. For the last couple of years, she has worked with Assistant Principal Gannon Burks. It didn’t take long for her to bleed green. 

“I truly will miss the staff and students. I have made a lot of great connections here and seeing students grow and mature from freshman to senior is always a treat,” Warriner said. 

She won the district’s classified employee of the year award in 2015. 

Helping students when they are in need is her specialty. “Mrs. Warriner is very nice and always helped me get my way around the office to complete permits,” junior Nevaeh Martinez said. 

Staff also adore her. “For as long as I’ve been here Mrs. Warriner never fails to make people smile. She is an absolute sweetheart,” Agriculture teacher Shelby Bueno said.  

Her most memorable moment here at Poway was when Titans searched for Chelsea King and mourned the loss. She remembers how the Titan community came together to honor her. 

On the days she is not working Warriner loves to garden, especially spending time in her orchard. She also enjoys reading and is looking forward to catching up on books she hasn’t finished.

After retirement, she and her husband will travel to Germany in September and plan on traveling around the world without having to wait for school holidays.