Your Best Pal

The Best Pals Club is back and better than ever!

If there was a chance to spend multiple hours with your best friend at school, anyone would do it. From watching movies to hanging out, Best Pals is the perfect club for making friendships that will brighten your week every Thursday. The best pals club has unlimited amounts of fun. 

Senior Nateal Jackson, is really excited to take over as the club president. 

“I have been encouraged to continue it because of all the kids who love the club so much,” Jackson said. 

She loves seeing others enjoy it as well. “It makes so many people extremely happy, and I love being a part of that,” she said.

Jackson and other club planners plan meetings and activities such as movie nights and holiday parties. A really special event that they orchestrate is the end of the year Special Olympics for all of the Special Education students in Poway Unified School District (PUSD) high schools. 

“Best Pals has helped me grow as a person, a leader, and a friend,” Jackson said. 

Another coordinator of the club, Kayne Collins, cannot get enough of the positive impact Best Pals has on campus. “I love seeing everybody walk out of our meetings smiling” he said. Collins is very proud and passionate about the club. “I joined because I had previous experience interacting with kids with special needs and found out that it’s something I really enjoyed doing,” she said. 

Jackson and Collins both joined their freshman year.

“Knowing that we’re making an impact in students’ lives is amazing,” Collins said.