Chittle Takes Charge as ASB President

Organizing pep rallies, adding posters around campus, and planning MORP, prom, homecoming, and freshman orientation, junior Sophie Chittle works behind the scenes to bring school events to life as an active member of the Associated Student Body (ASB). She is a spirited Titan, participating in Airbands among her class of 2022 peers, attending football games, and dressing up on spirit days. 

ASB holds elections for executive positions in February, before interviews take place to welcome new members to the class. Chittle ran unopposed, making her president without having to campaign. 

She is honored to take on the position for next school year. 

“Joining ASB spring of freshman year was probably the best decision I’ve ever made. ASB has helped me not only grow as a leader, but as a person,” Chittle said. 

Chittle respects the values of ASB. “With our mission being to create and nurture a culture of spirit and inclusivity, I can’t wait to continue to impact Titan lives,” she said.

Her peers in ASB are excited for her to be taking on this role. “Sophie is an amazing leader, and she is the reason ASB is so successful. She works so hard to make sure we all put our best foot forward, and I can’t imagine a better president,” junior Robbie Crawford said. 

ASB advisor Emily Pratt is pleased with her accomplishments so far. 

“Sophie has done a great job helping Poway High transition from online learning to in-person learning, and she is constantly adding amazing spirit to campus,” Pratt said. 

As PHS finishes up this school year and enters the next, be on the lookout for Chittle working hard and bringing school spirit as she leads ASB.