DISNEY STRIKES BACK: CONTINUING THE STAR WARS LEGACY

Some Titans are serious Star Wars fans. Their obsession with the series is present regardless of how old the movies are. The first Star Wars movie was released on May 21, 1980. Since then, the movies have created a new level of space imagination for individuals around the world.
For LucasFilm, ticket sales skyrocketed, earning the business over a billion dollars. This definitely benefited the company, and created a legacy that will last for years to come.
Star Wars has had a multitude of changes after it was released in 1980, more movies have been added to the series, and the last installment was added, today, Dec 20.
Although the series of ten movies has been completed, the legacy of the films is far from over.
Students at Poway High are engaged in the films regardless of how old they are. “I watch all the movies at least 3 times a year,” sophomore Dante Rivera said.
In 2012, Disney bought LucasFilm for $4.05 billion. Ever since Disney’s purchase, they have created new twists on the Star Wars storyline. The new TV show The Mandalorian on Disney Plus, has been quite a hit among Titans.
The show features a different perspective of the traditional story, and adds a new twist on the characters from the older sagas, such as the well known and loved baby Yoda.
“The show is great at focusing on individual characters, and it brings together untold stories. Plus, Baby Yoda is so cute!” sophomore Casey Stephen said.
By focusing on individual characters, viewers have been able to take the background history and apply that information to the movies.
Fans can also enjoy a different perspective through the new game, Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order. On Windows Software, PS4, and XBOX.
The game features a Padawan fugitive fighting for his life against Sith lords. All while attempting to restore the Jedi Order to fight back against the Empire.
The player takes the role of the fugitive padawan, and is also accompanied by a friendly droid. The player can fight, follow the story, or freely roam the game.
“I seriously like the game. It brings a new aspect to Star Wars, and it’s also very fun to play,” sophomore Chancellor Swink said.
By adding the TV show, filming new movies, and creating a game, Disney is continuing the legacy of Star Wars for years to come.